|This article has no image. Help Pose Wiki by adding an appropriate one here.|
Blanca pursues her dream of becoming a house mother after receiving a devastating medical diagnosis, and Damon moves to New York City with aspirations of joining a dance company in the series premiere of this drama about the ball-culture world in the 1980s.
|This article or section should be expanded.|
The children of House Abundance prepare for the upcoming ball event, Elektra asking for suggestions for how they wish to walk; after rejecting Angel's proposal and Blanca's idea, she suggests that they walk as the Royal House of Abundance. A brief flare of insults, Blanca returns to cooking.
As the evening grew, the children visited the Museum, taking a liking to the exhibits inside and reaching the exhib filled with royal cloths. With the prompted announcement that the museum would be closing, Elektra commanded everyone hide from the sight of guards. With the exhibits darkened, the children emerged and collected the wardrobe pieces and cloths on the mannequins, Elektra instructing them to take everything. Reaching the doors, Blanca informed her Mother that the doors were locked, prompting them to use a bench to escape through a nearby window, shattering the glass that set off the alarm and carting the bags down to the Ballroom.
While quickly dressing for the event with police on their tail, Pray Tell annouces to the floor that the category was Royalty, critiquing many houses that walked in their costumes. Soon, eyes were on the Royal House of Abundance: Cubby, Lemar, Candy, Lulu, Angel, Blanca, and, lastly, Elektra all presented to the crowds, bearing the clothes that were stolen from the Museum. With the arrival of the police, Elektra and her children willingly accepted the handcuffs, as they were brought to jail.
The next day, in Allentown, Damon Richards attended his class as a ballet dancer. Taking a city bus closer to home, he returned to his house, retreating into his bedroom, where he played a cassette in his stereo and danced. However, he was abruptly interrupted by the arrival of his father who turned the music off and began questioning Damon about his whereabouts; following a rumor from a co-worker, Mr. Richards presented a gay magazine from underneath Damon's bed, demanding he explain himself. In a low tone, Damon confessed that he was attending dance classes and that he was gay; he added, taking a slap, that he wished to move away and build a name for himself, which enraged his father further into beating him.
Damon's mother, carrying a bag of groceries, hurried inside the house to stop her husband, who demanded and pulled his son out of the house onto the lawn. Mrs. Richards stood before Damon with his belongings, slapping him and proclaimed that while she supported his creativity, she did not want him to become a sinner. When he stayed silent to asking for forgiveness for his homosexuality, she disowned him.
- Evan Peters as Stan Bowes
- Kate Mara as Patty Bowes
- James Van Der Beek as Matt Bromley
- M.J. Rodriguez as Blanca Rodriguez
- Dominique Jackson as Elektra Abundance
- Billy Porter as Pray Tell
- Indya Moore as Angel
- Ryan Jamaal Swain as Damon Richards
- Charlayne Woodard as Helena St. Rogers
- Hailie Sahar as Lulu Abundance
- Angelica Ross as Candy Abundance
- Angel Bismark Curiel as Lil Papi
- Clark Jackson as Mr. Richards
- Roslyn Ruff as Mrs. Richards
- Klea Blackhurst as Waitress
- Samantha Grace Blumm as Amanda Bowes
- Candi Boyd as Cosmetics Manager
- Sebastian Chacon as Pito
- Deidre Goodwin as Wanda Green
- Logan James Hall as GMHC - Young Guy
- Gavin Lodge as Museum Guard #2
- Jeremy McClain as Cubby Abundance
- Amy V. Morse as Linda
- Joe Pallister as Museum Guard
- Jason A. Rodriguez as Lemar Abundance
- Ian Whitt as GMHC - Cute Guy
- Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza as Judge
- Leonys Delossantos as Dance Student (uncredited)
- Toava Ferdinand as Dance Instructor (uncredited)
- Jonathon Olivo as Druggie (uncredited)
- Annie Pisapia as Homeless Woman (uncredited)
- Angel Christian Roman as Ball Attendee (uncredited)
- Tre Summers as Angel Friend (uncredited)
- Eha Urbsalu as Cosmetics Store Customer (uncredited)
- to be added
|Season One||Pilot • Access • Giving and Receiving • The Fever • Mother's Day • Love Is The Message • Pink Slip • Mother of the Year|
|Season Two||2x01 • 2x02 • 2x03 • 2x04 • 2x05 • 2x06 • 2x07 • 2x08|